This review applies to version 7.1.
The latest version of this software will soon be reviewed by our
LaParola has a few characteristics that few or no others program have, that may make it worth trying.
- Not only is it free, but it is open source and the file format is open (see the help file), making it easier for others to help develop it.
- There are four different Greek texts of the New Testament, as well as a listing of the manuscript support for all the major variants (useful for textual criticism).
- It automatically updates itself and its components, and finds new components that can be installed.
- It can import ThML, OSIS, Zefania and e-Sword files. That means for example that there are over 800 files at the Christian Classics Ethereal Library that can be imported into the program.
- It can perform searches in the Bible not only for words, but also for all forms of the same word. So for example you can search for "love" if you want to, but also for all the forms of that word: love, loved, loves, loving, etcetera. Not just in English, but also in other languages.
- Links to external sites give extra information on Bible verses or words, for example extra Bible translations, readings in manuscripts like Aleppo, Sinaiticus and Bezae, sermons, definitions and Internet searches of words.
- You can create personal bookmarks, external links, parallel passages and daily reading schemes, and distribute them to others.
- You can create personal notes on verses and themes, which are automatically fully searchable just like the components distributed along with the program.
- The program can create a concordance of any passage of any Bible or collection of notes.
- The program can look up all the installed resources (Bibles, notes, pictures, parallel passages, external links, ...) to find all the information in the program on a certain passage or word.
- The same program and data files work in both Windows and Linux.
In fact the downloaded file contains only one Bible translation (the American Standard Version). The program, if you are connected to Internet, will list many others; you just have to select which ones you want and they will be downloaded and installed automatically.